Thursday, November 30, 2006

False People


Life is about experiences. Life is about meeting people and touching them. I don’t mean physically either but some people you will touch both mentally and physically. I have tried to be a nice person and I think in most cases I have succeeded. I believe I am genuine, honest, and compassionate and show this to people. Sure I can be catty, sarcastic, moody and mean too. My friends and people who know me well can tell when I really mean it. But my one pet hate is phoney people. I can tell instantly a genuine compliment, greeting of cheerfulness or whether the person really means it. I have this radar I think that sends out alarm signals like great bells ringing at the top of a church tower when someone says: “Oh it’s sooooooo wonderful to see you again – I haven’t had my daily fix of you yet!” At the same time they are rushing at you with both arms open. Yuk!
The other thing I hate is when people you don’t know actually touch you or grab you. I love physical contact – when I initiate it, or if I really like someone and it’s appropriate, but to be groped at by the person who has just said the above to me makes me want vomit profusely all over them. There’s a new person at my workplace and they actually said that to me a few days ago. Scary thing is we are all sucking up to them because they may end up being the person who hires or fires us! So that makes me a phoney too.

No comments: