Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oliver Has A Passport!!


OLIVER HAS HIS OWN PASSPORT!!!
Yesterday at 11 pm Achand told me he had Oliver's passport by sms. I spent ten minutes blubbering like a baby in my office with the door firmly shut. Nearly seven years I have tried to do this and finally he has some sort of official/legal status as an Indonesian citizen. A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. We can now travel. If I lost my job here it doesn't matter so much anymore as I can now find work anywhere and Oliver can come with me. Except Australia maybe. That will be the next hurdle. My gut feeling is the Australian immigration people will refuse a visa for him. It's a long story why I feel that way. But for now I am elated. I am carrying the passport in my pocket and showing to everyone today. Someone will slap me before the day is out for sure.

No comments: