Monday, November 20, 2006

Lost Luggage


Have just been in Bali for the weekend with my boyfriend. Thursday and Friday last week before I went to Bali, were not high points in our relationship. Lots of tension over silly things like him insisting I remove the picture on my website. (See Band Aids) Then he got cross with me because I tried to call him on Thursday night. I rang several times but couldn’t get through on his cell phone. I rang his house too. When we finally did talk, he told me that he had a friend coming to Bali and was it ok if he stayed in the villa with us? I was furious. He couldn’t understand why. I was angry because he hadn’t discussed it first and I didn’t want to have someone else hanging around. He’d already told his friend before he checked with me. I hadn’t seen him for a month. Fortunately the villa has two bedrooms. Maybe I was annoyed that this person was freeloading. I said something really silly too. That all this felt very familiar. My previous partner had done lots of things, like getting angry with me for no reason and making me do things, both of which were hallmarks of our disastrous three years together. I’d drunk too much wine on Thursday night and yes was a little cranky too.
Friday morning my distraught partner called and told me he had left his luggage in the taxi that had driven him to work and had lost it. He said he was so upset that I was angry with him from the night before and that he’d left it in the taxi because of that. Oh boy! Friday wasn’t a good day. I told him gently that it wasn’t my fault he’d lost his luggage.
If it had of been me I wouldn’t have coped at work and would have spent the day chasing every taxi in Jakarta to find it.
However all was fine in Bali. We made jokes about how he was travelling lightly. In fact with only the clothes he had on. Before he arrived I took great delight in buying him a shirt I know he’d tried to find in Jakarta and some underpants. The friend turned out to be quite nice. We hardly saw him. He was keen to find someone to have sex with while in Bali. The three of us went to the gay beach for lunch and a swim. The beach itself deserves its own little story. The friend stripped off to swim and I did happen to notice he had nice very nipples.
The morals to this story: A boyfriend can have a friend who may have nice nipples and never ever leave a taxi without checking you have your luggage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought that you were going to blog everyday. What happened?