Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Boredom

Am a bit bored lately. I need a weekend away. Silly really - it's only two weeks since I was on holiday. I haven't been to Bali for so long so I am thinking maybe I need a weekend there. Last term I didn't actually spend a night off the island. I drove to Lombok and came back the same night. Am back into my exercise program again of swimming and gym work. I had the best of intentions of following the program while I was in Jakarta but didn't. I am enjoying my days at school and am trying to make each day interesting for the kids and do lots of hands-on stuff. Our science work lends itself to cooking. We have already made some butter and I was surprised none of them had ever done it before. We will make bread. Everything else at the school is in limbo as we await the community decision on the merging of the two schools. So it's a funny sort of time. This Saturday I have to attend an annual safety training session. We are forced to go. It starts at 7.30 in the morning and will go for four hours. It's completely irrelevant to my area of work and is always more boring than watching rocks grow. With pen and paper, I intend to use the time to write as many blogs as I can!

No comments: