Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Invent A Man


Through my long-time friend in Lombok, Achand, I met last weekend a friend of his, Urdik. Achand introduced me to Urdik as, “This is my very sexy friend, Urdik.” Sexy was an understatement. In my time in Indonesia I have seen thousands of men I would describe as very handsome. The proportion of handsomeness here and in Asia seems to be higher than I remember witnessing in Australia. Maybe I am biased though. But Urdik is stunningly handsome. Perfect skin, big brown eyes, beautiful white teeth and an enchanting smile and from our short encounters, a seemingly sweet person as well. Meeting and knowing lots of men led me to think over the weekend about being able to combine the best attributes of all the men I have been close to or met, to make the perfect partner. Gary Crew, an Australian author explores this idea in Inventing Anthony West, where two teenage girls invent the ideal boyfriend. I am sure others have explored this concept too. I would definitely opt for Urdik’s looks. My partner has a significantly sized penis and gentle nature so I would choose those for my new man. My friend Anton has a slim, hairless, but well-defined body and is a little taller than me so his frame would carry the other bits to advantage. Arief’s personality combined with aspects of my partners would be a perfect blend of caring, encouragement, compassion, empathy and trust. Doddy or Martin’s drive or money or power would be handy too. Carlton’s artistic interests and passion would be vital. Michael’s skills with wood and ability to organise would be worthwhile attributes also. His name? That’s a very difficult choice. I’ve always liked the name Elliot. Elliot you are too good to be true!

No comments: